Wednesday 14 November 2012

Thumbnail.

Professional films use thumbnails to represent their film in a single image usually taken from the film. The title of the film is usually part of this thumnail. This thumbnail is my first attempt at finding a picture that represents the film. I decided that as a comedy, the thumbnail had to be comical. However I don't feel that this thumbnail represents much in terms of characters and storyline so I created a second thumbnail which I have used in the YouTube video and I will also use this second thumbnail as my the premise for my poster.

I used a shot from the wedding as I beleive it effectivly shows the story in one shot. It shows Callum looking sad and disappointed which shows how is character feels about the situation and points out the irony of the title (the word 'Happily' being right above his head). It also stands out as a wedding is not usually associated with disapointment. Poppy is looking happy because her character wanted the wedding and I (Benjy) am looking proud of myself because my character managed to get the two characters together, my character thinks he's helpful but makes things worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment